Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

I've been searching the blog universe lately, trying to find some exciting recipes that would be easy and hopefully yummy..

I found a blog Gluten Free Goddess that inspired me to make some muffins.  I made a variation of her GF Pumpkin Streusel Muffins and I think they turned out pretty darn good.. It's a variation because well I didn't have half the ingredients so basically I used it as a jumping off spot. 

Ingredients:
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tsps baking powder (I know it has a bit of gluten in it but you can get GF -- I just haven't yet)
1 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
water to texture

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Add in the oil and beat until crumbly.  Add in the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until the batter is smooth -- I had to add about 2tbsp of water because it looked a bit dry. 

Spoon the batter into twelve muffins cups, filling them close to the top.  

Bake in the center of the oven until domed and firm.  About 18-20 minutes. 

Serve warm with butter.  Yummo!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon