Vacation!

How I spent my summer vacation. Busy. Lots of beaches, lots of family, a little car sickness (fun), warm weather - (I'm up to two full weeks of hot weather) and fun. We were in Vancouver, Victoria, Parksville, and Kelowna. Two ferry rides, 2500km of car driving, GPS lady that yelled at us a few times. My kids probably will forever remember "turn left 400m" "turn now" and then us saying, dammit. But hey that's the joy of vacations.

Here's the vacation in pictures.

Day one. You'll notice that both kids are checking their eyelids for holes. Luckily no holes were found.
From Collages


Now on to day two. This was from Kamploops to Vancouver. It rained. It poured. It was ugly. Glad I was a passenger not the driver. Again the girls were making sure their eyelids were without holes.

From Collages


My favorite part of the world. Vancouver. Stanley Park never ceases to amaze me. Where else can you go for a walk on the seawall, find totems and go to an aquarium? Ok probably lots of places, but for me its still amazing.

From Collages


From Collages


We said goodbye to Vancouver and went to see my Grandparents in Victoria. Ferry's were seen, weather was yucky, but hey thems the breaks. These are mostly from Beacon Hill. A wonderful and very pricey part of Victoria. We needed to stretch the legs after the ferry.

From Collages


You can't go to the Ocean without playing in the sand, its just not right. We walked from my grandparents house to the beach in Colwood. I forgot how flippen cold the Pacific is that far north. BRR. But the girls enjoyed themselves.

From Collages


Off to Parksville, or up the coast of Vancouver Island.

From Collages


From Collages


Sandcastles. We made them all. Yeah and pigs fly.

From Collages


The tides. Not much to say, but wow what a tide. And a sunrise.

From Collages


Can you say whirlwind trip? Man it was busy.

I can honestly say, we didn't stay much in hotels except to sleep and have beverages. Mom and I had our fair share of local beers. Simply because the alternative would be to smother my kids with pillows to get them to sleep. I kid, mostly.

Schools back in, in 5 days. My baby is a Kindergartener. Wow.

Hope you all had a great summer!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon