No going back...

Well there is no going back now. Holy crap what I have just done?

I've been thinking for about a month on what I could do to honor my dad. He wouldn't want me sad, and he's never been prouder of me now that I'm healthy and fit and actually enjoying life. So I signed up. I haven't been on a bike for probably 10 years maybe even longer but on June 26 to June 28th I will be biking 200 km to help people not have to go through what our family has done.

I saw the training plan, and it seems doable. Well it has to be now. I can't quit, I WON'T quit. I want to do this for my daddy. I know he will be with me, telling me to suck it up. Just ride dammit and when it is all done I will toast my daddy and say YOU WERE RIGHT, I CAN DO ANYTHING IF I SET MY MIND TO IT!

So now to those who are reading this, I'm going to ask you to help me. Help me get my butt on a bike. Help me keep at it. If you bike a lot or just a little, ask me to ride with you one day.. I need your encouragement your support and well your money too

You may have read my other journal, but to those of you who haven't I'll give you the cliff notes.
My dad at 60 was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer) and it metastasized to basically all of his major organs. He was given a very short prognosis but he has persevered to today and 13 months later we are gathering strength to say goodbye to a wonderful man.. You have all said that you couldn't imagine what I'm going through.. Lets make that a reality. Lets make CANCER history!

www.conquercancer.ca/goto/Jenn.Minardi

Thank you in advance for all of your support. I'm going to need it.

Jenn

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon